The National Center of Excellence in Women's Health has touched over 3,000 women across the State of WV and completed over 19,000 Health Screenings
What is WOW?
The Center of Excellence in Women’s Health (CoE) works with communities to develop community partnerships. These partnerships reach women of all social economic and ethnic groups and link them to the resources in their community through the Women on Wellness Program. The Women on Wellness (WOW) program started as a partially an interactive, one-day behavioral change retreat designed to help women make lasting, positive lifestyle changes for themselves and for their families. The retreat will give women the tools to assess their own health and build/plan their own journey towards enduring wellness. Now Women on Wellness wants to continue the this behavioral change and keep educating women through our online content and our wide-range of other community based programs, such as Women Love Your Heart and WOW 5Ks.
To learn more about what we do or to get your community involved:
Based on 5 Actions to Make Lifestyle changes
- Feelings- Feel good about your body
- Thoughts and Beliefs - Change how I think about my body. Focus on my positive attributes rather than being critical.
- Behaviors- Make behavioral changes that improve the way I maintain, move, and nourish my body.
- Consequences- Create a circle of positive reinforcement for my new behaviors and way of thinking.
- Impact on Others- Understand the impact my lifestyle choices have on others I care about.